For personalized information:
Make an appointment: +33 155 379 037
Unveil detailed information listed below by clicking the + icon.
You can download informative sheets about the different surgical techniques performed by Dr. Patrick Lafaurie (click the link introduced by ‘download document’ to download the PDF document).
These sheets are published by the French Society of Reconstructive Plastic and Aesthetic Surgery (SOF-ERCP), they provide information in addition to your consultation with Dr. Patrick Lafaurie.
AESTHETIC SURGERY ACTS
INJECTION OF FILLERS – HYALURONIC ACID
- Filler injections can reduce the hollow of wrinkles, hydrates the skin and even redistribute facial volumes.
- The product is biodegradable and the result fades between 6 to 18 months depending on the injection areas and the fluidity of product.
- The most effective hyaluronic acids include local anesthetic component, making the injection less traumatic.
- The result is natural and immediate.
- When the skin is loose (lower part of the face) this process is not appropriate and a light facelift intervention may be considered instead (see below).
Download documents (french) : Injectable fillers – Hyaluronic Acid
- “Botox” was unfairly “demonized” and yet it provides many advantages with little constraint.
- Micro-injections are performed in the forehead, between the eyebrows, in the temple and sometimes in the neck. The result appears after 3-4 days: the muscles are relaxed, wrinkles are decreased and the look appears less “anxious.”
- Everything is a matter of analysis, dosage and perfect knowledge of the anatomy of the face because the muscle balance is unique to each individual.
- Botulinum toxin can also treat armpit hypersecretion (axillary hyperhidrosis).
Download document: Botulinum Toxin
CRYOLIPOLYSIS FOR BODY CONTOURING (COOLSCULPTING)
Cryolipolysis for body contouring ( Coolsculpting )
- The cooling of fat cells (Cryolipolysis) results in their selective destruction (apoptosis) and then are naturally eliminated from the body.
- The most advanced technology is the Zeltiq Coolsculpting : its efficacy and safety have allowed its approval by the F.D.A.
- The best areas of your body with the Coolsculpting procedure are belly, hips (love handles), back, thighs (saddlebags and internal face), internal face of arms, knees, chin…
- The Coolsculpting fat freezing procedure is completely non-surgical, so you can typically return to normal activities immediately.
Download document : Coolsculpting
COSMETIC SURGERY ACTS
BREAST IMPLANTS – BREAST PTOSIS
- To increase the volume of the breasts, the use of breast implants remains the most reliable method.
- The use of cohesive silicone gel implant, exclusively delivered by laboratories under strict standards, allows to consider this intervention with serenity.
- I operate the axillary area first (armpit) because it is the most discreet and there is no scar on the breast.
- The purpose of the consultation is to select the implants that fits perfectly the requests and the morphology of the patient (fitting by “sizers”).
Download document: Breast Implants
- In case of saggy breasts, the appropriate action is not to increase their volume but only to reshape them by mammary plastic surgery.
- During the consultation, viewing this part of the body on the computer screen increases significantly the accuracy of any explanation.
- The incisions are around the areola (circular), also between the areola and the infra-mammary fold (vertical).
- General anesthesia is necessary with 24 hours of hospital stay duration and 3 days off.
Download document: breast ptosis
NECK AND FACIAL CONTOUR
Neck and facial contour
- When there is only excess fat under the chin, a simple liposuction may be indicated.
- However, if there is a loosening of the skin, a partial facelift is required to redraw the facial contours and the neck.
- This light facelift is performed under general anesthesia with fully concealed incisions (around, inside and behind the ear) ; the follow-up is very light and the result is perfectly natural.
- When there is an excess of skin (+ or – fat) only on the medial part or on the back of the neck, especially with males, a small intervention can be performed directly on that area (Anterior Neck Lift generally performed under local anesthesia: refer to the relative section down below for more details on this procedure).
Document to download: Face and neck
UPPER LIP LIFT
Upper lip lift
- This small intervention reduces the height of the upper lip. It rejuvenates this area in a natural way by slightly raising Cupid’s bow.
- The incision is completely concealed at the base of the nose in the fold of the nostrils and their orifices.
- The procedure is very simple and can be done in isolation under local anesthesia or in combination with another facial procedure (soft facelift and / or eyelid surgery.
Document to download (french): Upper lip lift
ANTERIOR NECK LIFT
Anterior neck lift
- The anterior neck lift is used to tighten the neck again by a small operation that is performed under local anesthesia.
- The incision is concealed in the hollow part, just under the chin area.
- This rather simple surgery is frequently practiced in the United States and remains unfairly neglected in France
Download document: Anterior Neck Lift
NOSE – EYELIDS
- Rhinoplasty changes the shape of the nose and harmonizes the face.
- Viewing your own image on a computer screen allows you to specify the imperfections that can be corrected: reduce a bump, slightly raise and refine the tip, etc.
- The operation is performed from inside the nose, and therefore there is no visible scar.
- The procedure is performed under general anesthesia and a plaster cast is necessary for 9 days.
Download document: Nose
- The intervention of blepharoplasty awakes the eyes.
- On the upper eyelids : surgery reduces excess of skin and prevents drop effect. The incision is completely hidden in a natural crease and the procedure is performed as an outpatient surgery (local anesthesia associated with sedation).
- On the lower eyelids : by reducing fatty bags under eyes, excess volumes and swelling are removed. There is no visible incision and often no stitches. This procedure normally requires general anesthesia.
- In any case, the result is natural. Relaxed eyes with the same facial expression.
Download document: Eyelids
THE LIPOSUCTION – BELLY
- Currently the most advanced technique consists in a very precise work with small diameter cannulas (3-4 mm). The excess fat is permanently removed. Preferred areas are double chin, hips, belly, thighs (flabby thighs, knees, legs and ankles).
- This work reshapes the body (localized excess fat) but has no effect on the appearance of the skin (imperfections and / or stretch marks).
- The reinjection of purified fat (fat grafting or lipofilling) can improve the outcome.
- Retouching 6 to 12 months after surgery act is very effective to improve the elasticity of the skin.
Download document: Liposuction
- When a localized excess fat becomes a nuisance, a single liposuction can be considered.
- However, when there is excess skin and / or muscle problem, abdominal plastic surgery allows retightening the entire area again.
Download document: Abdominal plastic surgery
- It consists in collecting a certain amount of fat (usually the belly and / or thighs), which is then purified and re-injected into the same person.
- The recipient areas (face, buttocks, breasts, etc.) are then redrawn.
- This technique can also be used in combination with cervical-facial lift.
Download document: Re-injection of fat
THIGHS AND LEGS
Thighs and legs
- In case of localized excess fat, liposuction is the appropriate procedure.
Download document: Liposuction
- For the inner and upper part of the thigh, a lift can correct the nuisance.
Download document (french): Inner thigh lift
- Today, the hair graft helps to densify the upper part of the scalp (women or men).
- The practice of follicular units (1, 2 or 3 hair grafts) allows natural regrowth.
- This procedure is perfectly painless since it is performed in a clinical environment with my anaesthetist.
Document to download (french): Hair Micrograft
REPAIR SURGERY ACTS
BREAST HYPERTROPHY – GYNECOMASTIA – BREAST RECONSTRUCTION
- Excessive breast size can be a nuisance and it can sometimes cause backache.
- Mammary plastic surgery consists in pulling up and reducing the volume of the mammary gland while reducing the size of the areola.
- The incision are “inverted T” with a horizontal scar which can be very short or non-existent.
- This technique provides a natural shape in harmony with the overall silhouette.
- The procedure can be done before or after pregnancy.
- The process is “anatomical” and allows subsequent lactation.
Download document (french): Breast hypertrophy
- For males, when there is excess fat or gland, some distortions may appear around the areola and the close pectoral area : a gynecomastia is then indicated.
- A pre-operative examination has to be done (X-ray, ultrasound and laboratory tests).
- The scar is usually discreet and this fairly simple procedure eliminates a real psychological distress.
Download document (french): Gynecomastia
NOSE – PROMINENT EARS
- When traumatic injury or disease caused a nasal septum deviation and distorted the nasal pyramid, a rhinoplasty can be considered.
- This procedure is performed under general anesthesia and requires dressings for 2-3 days and a plaster cast (9-10 days).
- Hematomas and oedemas usually resorb within 6-8 days.
- Some details can be further improved by retouching one year after the operation.
Download document: Nose
- Otoplasty (unilateral or bilateral) resets the ear and can be performed on patients over 7.
- A headband must be worn during 8-10 days and sport activities must be avoided for 3 weeks.
- The incision is concealed in the fold at the back of the ear.
Download document: Prominent Ears
SCARS – SURGERY OF SKIN TUMORS
- In case of disgracious and uncomfortable scars, surgery can sometimes be considered.
- It may consist in scar mending and / or dermabrasion.
- The goal is to reduce the print of the scar but without removing it completely.
- Healing is an individual phenomenon, and it often takes at least 12 to 18 months to see lasting results.
Download document (french): Scars
- This surgery removes specific lesions of the skin : mole (naevus), small skin cancer (basal cell), angioma, cyst, etc.
- The scars will be carefully placed in parallel with the natural creases of the face and body.
- A laboratory test (anapath) will be performed on the area that is removed.
Download document (french): Surgery of skin tumors
- The principle is to reduce scars or skin imperfections (acne consequences).
- This process can be repeated one year after the operation to improve the outcome.
Download document: Facial Dermabrasion
ABDOMINAL PLASTIC SURGERY
Abdominal plastic surgery
- After one or more childbirths or weight loss, amounts of skin and fat are sometimes too large to be treated with liposuction only. It is often associated with distended muscles in the abdominal wall.
A complete operation on these three elements (fat, skin, muscle) helps finding again a smooth silhouette.
- The location and the length of the scars depend on how much work has to be done.
If necessary, some weight has to be previously lost to ensure that the operation is performed under the best conditions.
Document to download: Abdominal Surgery
- The plastic surgery of private parts of the woman is little known in France.
- The idea is to reduce the size of the labia minora of the vulva.
- The procedure is performed on an outpatient basis and the follow-up is simple.
Download document (french): Nymphoplasty
NB: All the above data provide general information, the methods described therein are not necessarily applicable to all situations and to all patients : ask for individual advice during your consultation. Publications made available through the above links are published under the sole responsibility of their authors and publishers.
You can state an appointment by calling our 24/7 hotline :
+33 155 379 037.
For inquiries or detailed explanations, my assistant Sonia answers your calls:
Monday from 12 noon to 8 pm
Tuesday from 8:30 am to 1:30 pm and from 2:30 pm to 5 pm
Wednesday from 8:30am to 12:45pm
Thursday from 10 am to 1 pm and from 2 pm to 8 pm
Friday from 8:30 am to 2:30 pm
Dr. Patrick LAFAURIE performs individual consultations and provides careful monitoring of his patients.
Consultations and aesthetic medicine acts take place on Monday from 8 am to 7:30 pm, Tuesday from 8:30 am to 12:30 pm, Thursday from 5 pm to 7:30 pm and Friday from 9 am to 2 pm. Our 24/7 hotline ensures secure follow up and postoperative medical supervision. In the case the patient has to move postoperatively in another province or another country, follow up with internet imaging is possible.
Dr. Patrick LAFAURIE is accredited as “secteur II” by French Social Security (as Former “Chef de Clinique des Hôpitaux”).
For french residents, Social Security may reimburse acts of reconstructive surgery. However there will be charges over standard fees. These are established during the first consultation. Some acts may give rise to requests for prior agreement with the medical adviser of CPAM (Caisse Primaire d’Assurance Maladie). According to the legislation on various social welfare organizations, acts of medicine and cosmetic surgery cannot be reimbursed by Social Security or by any other mutual insurance fund.
Aesthetic medicine acts and interventions under local anesthesia are usually performed at the office of Dr. Patrick LAFAURIE on Monday and Friday.
Surgery acts are performed at Clinique du Trocadéro, usually on Wednesday, outpatient or with hospital stay.
Since 2009, Le Trocadéro clinic is Level 1 certified by the HAS (Haute Autorité de Santé – French Medical Authority). This establishment is agreed by CPAM. The clinic was ranked seventh on national scale for cosmetic surgery (source : Le Point magazine, dated August 23rd, 2012) and was rated A for the classification ICALIN 2001 and 2012 (nosocomial infections prevention).
Parking Foch 200m from the office (access gate at the intersection of avenues Foch and Poincaré)
Parking Maillot – Porte Maillot, 300m from the office
Valet parking from 11 am at Restaurant Villa Corse (€ 8) – 141 Avenue Malakoff, 100m from the office
Metro line 1: Argentine (Avenue de la Grande Armée exit, odd numbers side) or Porte Maillot (Avenue Malakoff exit)
Metro line 2 and 6 : Charles de Gaulle Etoile (Avenue de la Grande Armée exit)
RER: Line A Étoile exit or Line C Porte Maillot exit
Bus: 82: Alphan, PC1: Porte Maillot Malakoff, PC3: Porte Maillot Pershing